How to Sustain Natural Energy All Day
When the alarm rings and you drag yourself out of bed, it can be hard to summon enough energy to get to the kitchen for a morning cup of coffee. The caffeine perk is enough to get you out the door, but then you find yourself reaching for energy drinks, soda, sugar, or more coffee when the afternoon slump sets in.
The chronic exhaustion in our society is taking a toll on people of all ages, often resulting in a reliance to use caffeine to make it through the day. This dependence on substances might give the immediate pick-me-up that you need to make it through the current activity. But poor habits can result in long-term health concerns, such as adrenal fatigue.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
Schedule a Consultation TODAY!
We would love to sit down with you and chat about your experiences and current pain points.
6 Natural Remedies for Daily Energy
Instead of getting by on caffeine to get you through the day, there are better solutions to give you natural energy. The key is to address the root health concerns that are affecting your energy levels and overall health.
A combination of lifestyle modifications and dietary changes can have a profound impact on hormone levels, cellular function, and other processes that affect your energy levels throughout the day. Here are a few things you can do to support healing and start living a thriving life again:
- Avoid Caffeine: Even though caffeine is often a crutch that helps you get through a long day, the effects of caffeine in the body mimics stress responses. Drinking caffeine essentially adds fuel to the fire and leads to higher levels of burnout and adrenal issues. Start by weaning off caffeine, with the goal of eliminating it entirely eventually.
- Manage Stress: It’s no wonder you are feeling tired when your body is continuously in a “fight or flight” response! By incorporating relaxation and stress management in your daily routine, you can rebalance the stress response system. Consider meditation, yoga, or massage.
- Dietary Changes: Do you notice that you experience a “sugar crash” an hour after eating sweets, junk food, or fast food. This sugar coma happens because of a change in blood sugar levels, with a crash happening after the blood sugar spikes. Focus on reestablishing blood sugar balance by eating consistent meals filled with lean protein, high fiber, and healthy fats. At the same time, avoid refined carbohydrates and alcohol.
- Move Your Body: Too often, exercise falls to the back burner because people feel too tired to workout. But movement is one of the most powerful ways to manage blood sugar, balance hormones, and reduce stress. Incorporate a regular exercise routine with activities that you enjoy. For best results, get outside and breathe in the fresh air while you are working out.
- Vitamin D: A little bit of sunshine is important for vitamin D synthesis, which can help with hormone regulation and healthier sleep patterns. Spend 15 – 20 minutes a day in direct sunlight to boost overall health.
- Sleep Hygiene: Good sleep patterns are essential to balance the body. Be consistent about your bedtime and proactive about turning down the lights and avoiding screens for at least an hour before bed.
In Functional Medicine, we look at the underlying causes that are sapping your energy levels. Then, lifestyle modifications can be implemented to help you enjoy a thriving, vibrant life each day. Call to schedule a consultation at Back On Track Integrative Wellness, Inc. to learn more: (916) 782-3141.
Schedule Your First Consultation
You have already taken the first step by acknowledging something needs to change. Now it's time to change it.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Dr. Todd W. Bunning, DC, PC
Dr. Todd W. Bunning’s chiropractic and functional medicine services reach far beyond the local Roseville area, with webcam consultations available for patients in any location. With 17 years of Private Practice experience, Dr. Todd continues to focus on the individual: science-based methods to address whole-body health factors.
Dr. Todd’s education didn’t stop when he graduated from Life West Chiropractic College in 2003. Today, he’s continuing to receive training and is chipping away on numerous post-graduate degree programs. This unique blend of clinical health investigation and Lifestyle Medicine application helps people of all ages find the underlying factors that result in chronic disease.