Modern Chiropractic Part 2: Is Neck Misalignment Contributing to Disease?
Part 2 of our 3-part series on how subluxations play a role in overall health, including organ function and disease management. Start by reading Part 1 for the introduction to this series, then watch for Part 3 about low back alignment.
In the first article of this series, we discussed essential information about how chiropractic care expands far beyond the basics of musculoskeletal support. Even if you aren’t experiencing back pain or neck pain, you can enjoy a full range of benefits from chiropractic adjustments – affecting all organs and systems in your body.
Modern Chiropractic Care for Whole-Body Health
21st-century chiropractic care not only helps with pain management, but these spinal adjustments are focused on supporting the intricate central nervous system that runs from head to toe. The spine works as a pathway of communication to send signals between the brain and organs, which is why subluxations (misalignments) in the spine can affect seemingly unrelated functions.
Dr. Todd takes a personalized approach for every patient, looking for ways to optimize health and assist each person in living their best life. These modern chiropractic treatments help with structural and functional systems throughout the body, creating the overall balance that is needed to promote true wellness – from the inside-out.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
Schedule a Consultation TODAY!
We would love to sit down with you and chat about your experiences and current pain points.
Neck Misalignment and Organ/System Function
The signals move from the brain, through the central nervous system, to the major organs – which is why it’s important to have an open path of communication. Unfortunately, misalignments in the spine can result in blocks that cause disruption to these pathways. If you can bring the spine back into alignment, then it opens up the brain-to-organ connection.
The neck is an integral part of the spine, connecting your head with the rest of your body. Chiropractic care is much more about correcting pain and misalignment from “text neck.” Remember that the neck is located at the top of the spine, which means the misalignment could have a domino effect on everything downstream. Here’s an overview of other ways the cervical spine (neck area) could be affecting other health systems in your body:
- Immune System: A healthy immune response starts with the connection with the vagus nerve, brain, enteric motor system, and immune-supporting organs in the gut. Spinal adjustments on the cervical area and other sections of the spine helps to open up the pathways to optimize immune function.
- Thyroid: Think about the close proximity between the thyroid and cervical spine… it’s easy to see how all of the nerves are interconnected. The thyroid is regulated by the brain, which is why it’s critical to have chiropractic adjustments that open communication pathways and support thyroid function.
- Glands: There are glands located throughout the body, supporting immune function and managing signals from the brain. Addressing cervical misalignments could have a positive impact on the function of glands within the head and face, including the thymus gland, lacrimal gland, pituitary gland, parotid gland, and more. Optimal functioning of these glands is critical for immune function and hormone balancing.
- Inner Ear: Whether you have symptoms of vertigo or are experiencing chronic infections in the inner ear, it’s important to understand how the cervical vertebra is connected through nerves to the inner ear.
- Sinuses: The carotid as-baroreceptor reflex affects how the body manages pressure changes, and chiropractic care can have a positive influence on these responses.
Are you looking for solutions to optimize your health and support the interconnected systems within the body? Dr. Todd and the team at Back On Track 2 Wellness. We offer the personalized care you need. Call to book an appointment: (916) 782-3141.
Schedule Your First Consultation
You have already taken the first step by acknowledging something needs to change. Now it's time to change it.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Dr. Todd W. Bunning, DC, PC
Dr. Todd W. Bunning’s chiropractic and functional medicine services reach far beyond the local Roseville area, with webcam consultations available for patients in any location. With 17 years of Private Practice experience, Dr. Todd continues to focus on the individual: science-based methods to address whole-body health factors.
Dr. Todd’s education didn’t stop when he graduated from Life West Chiropractic College in 2003. Today, he’s continuing to receive training and is chipping away on numerous post-graduate degree programs. This unique blend of clinical health investigation and Lifestyle Medicine application helps people of all ages find the underlying factors that result in chronic disease.