Modern Chiropractic Part 3: Low Back Alignment and Your Overall Health
This is the final installment of our 3-part series on how subluxations play a role in overall health, including organ function and disease management. If you haven’t already, take time to read Part 1 and Part 2 for the introduction to this series and information about midback and cervical alignment.
In the first two parts of this blog series, we covered important details that everyone needs to know – about how chiropractic care is much more than musculoskeletal support. Don’t wait until you are experiencing back or neck pain before visiting with a chiropractor!
21st Century Chiropractic Care
The truth is that 21st-century chiropractic care can assist with health benefits beyond pain management. Spinal adjustments support good brain-organ communication through the central nervous system. These chiropractic services help to address misalignments that could be playing a role in the function of organs and other systems throughout the body.
This modern approach to chiropractic care optimizes health through personalized services for every patient. These adjustments not only make your back feel good, but they help to promote the full balance needed that affects interconnected structural and functional systems.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
Schedule a Consultation TODAY!
We would love to sit down with you and chat about your experiences and current pain points.
How Low-Back Misalignment Affects Other Organs and Systems
As mentioned in previous articles in this series, the central nervous system acts as a pathway of communication between the brain and major organs. The spine is the superhighway that brings signals from the brain to the organs, then back to the brain again. So, addressing misalignments in the back is an important step in opening the brain-to-organ connection, which can have an impact on overall health.
These are some of the ways that low back alignment might be affecting organs and systems in your body:
- Immune System: There’s a reason why it’s said that the gut-brain connection affects immune response. A healthy digestive system is essential for immune function – and, unfortunately, spinal misalignments can disrupt these systems. Chiropractic adjustments can reestablish alignment to support overall immune health.
- Hormones: Nerves in the lower back are connected from the spinal column to the sex organs, which is why spinal alignment could affect hormonal balance – for both men and women.
- Glands: Optimal gland function is important for immune response, as well as hormones and many other systems in the body. Lumbar lymph nodes and other glands form a network that filters impurities and produce immune cells.
- Spleen: The spleen is another essential piece of the immune system, helping to filter blood and remove particles and bacteria. If the spleen is enlarged or under functioning, then chiropractic adjustments might help to reestablish the balance needed in this important organ.
- Lower Intestines: It might sound like a surprise to learn that chiropractic care can ease digestive problems. The nerves in the low back are connected to the lower intestinal tract, with the mid-back connected to the upper intestinal tract. Reestablishing balance here can have a positive impact on improving digestive function and optimizing the microbiome.
It’s essential for every person to learn how interconnected the body systems are – which is why chiropractic adjustments can help with establishing overall health and wellness.
If you’d like to learn more about the health benefits of chiropractic care, then visit with Dr. Todd and the other team members at Back On Track 2 Wellness. Call to schedule your appointment: (916) 782-3141.
Schedule Your First Consultation
You have already taken the first step by acknowledging something needs to change. Now it's time to change it.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Dr. Todd W. Bunning, DC, PC
Dr. Todd W. Bunning’s chiropractic and functional medicine services reach far beyond the local Roseville area, with webcam consultations available for patients in any location. With 17 years of Private Practice experience, Dr. Todd continues to focus on the individual: science-based methods to address whole-body health factors.
Dr. Todd’s education didn’t stop when he graduated from Life West Chiropractic College in 2003. Today, he’s continuing to receive training and is chipping away on numerous post-graduate degree programs. This unique blend of clinical health investigation and Lifestyle Medicine application helps people of all ages find the underlying factors that result in chronic disease.